Thursday, August 1, 2013

Black and White Style: Index Card-a-Day Wrap-Up


For the last few days of the 
Index-Card-a-Day challenge I decided
to create black and white pieces.
July 27 and 28 are zentangles.


A relaxing, meditative doodle that I can
do while I'm watching television...




I've made a total of 61 pieces of 
art on index cards
during the 2013 icad challenge!  It's been
a lot of fun.  The small 4"x6" space is 
easy to fill with drawings, scraps or doodles.
 It doesn't take long...unless you want it to!




I enjoyed exploring a theme each week, and
working in a series.  
I found myself carrying index cards along
with me wherever I went! (you know, just in case
the spirit moved or there was time to fill)


It also was helpful to know what I'd be posting on 
my blog each Friday.  Having a goal to work towards
helps me accomplish more.  I joined the ICAD Flickr
group, and figuring out how to post on there was a
bit of a challenge for me---but it's always good to 
learn new skills! I still haven't figured out how to
"add favorites" though!






My stack of index cards is getting big, as I've been
doing this for several years now.  Last year I bought 
a pretty cardboard recipe box
 for a cheap price, and added a 
counted cross-stitch piece to the front.




This year, I went for simple and easy.
I purchased a plastic index card box with snap closures.
It has a little pocket for a label on the front where I 
noted the themes of each week of the challenge.
I am not sure if I will alter it in some way, we'll see...






2011 icads in an art journal spread

I am pretty sure some of these 
index-card-a-day art pieces will end up
on art journal pages!  And I am planning
to continue to explore Series of art works.
Stay tuned...



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on sticking with this project. Your art cards are so adorable, and you put SO much time in them. I'm always impressed with your creations.

    I considered a recipe card holder when I decided how to store my ICADs, because I have several I've picked up at garage sales for the sole purpose of altering them. However, even though I rejected adding 3-D embellishments to the cards, preferring to keep the cards relatively flat, several of my ICADs' embellishments extended beyond the 5" width. Height would not have been a problem because I could have left the lid open, but width obviously WAS.

    I now see the advantage to staying completely on the page, like you did.

    I look forward to seeing you use these in your art journals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne it was so satisfying to finish 61 cards! I am going to print mine out and put them in a book. Yours look so awesome all there in a big group! I love your zentangles a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!