Halloween cross-stitch designs from
The Prairie Schooler, Book No. 181.
I painted the grapevine wreath
black and dusted it with black glitter.
I may never get all of the black glitter
swept up in the spare bedroom...
I swept, I used masking tape to collect
the bits that wouldn't sweep up. Now I
remember why I don't usually use glitter.
The kids will probably wonder if
there are bed bugs next time they visit!
How's that for scary?!!
I did use paper underneath when I
sprinkled the glitter, honest. It still
I heard that Prairie Schooler designs is
closing up shop, and so I ordered
several of their patterns. They are easy
because they don't have half-stitches,
and are often in a square format. I think
the 'angel-skull headstone' is my
favorite on this wreath.
"Of course I can drive a (broom) stick"
was finished into a pincushion. Pretty
happy with the results...
The 'ghosty' version of
Pumpkin Jack is hangin' around nearby.
I stitched the wreath designs on 11 count cream
Aida fabric, so they were easy to see to stitch.
They are mounted on cardboard, with some
frayed black fabric as backing. The pattern
called for black felt for backing, but I used
what I had on hand.
Linking up with
Bleubeard and Elizabeth's
T Tuesday party,
where you never know what
we will chat about...but there
is always a beverage involved.
Mine is mocha, because
chocolate for breakfast is