Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mind Map Reprise





Here's a second post
of one of my most visited blog posts~
on the second day of September, 2015.
It was originally posted on
April 24, 2009.
Stop by Elizabeth's blog hop
Technically, this is not a true
 mind map,(above)
but a creative interpretation!


Map for the soul...
Personal Map Making challenge for
True North Arts group...

showing priorities and 
precious things in my life.
Art journal page, mixed media using
pastels, watercolor, colored pencils, and
Sharpie marker. This came out looking
a little like a cross between Peter Max art
and the green heroine in "Wicked,"
but that's ok...it makes me smile.

7 comments:

  1. I remember this post, and how much I liked the mind and face you created. It was so fun to see how you mapped out what was important to you. Seems it was about two or so years later Jill Berry came out with her book on personal geographies, which reminded me of what you accomplished much earlier. You have always been a ground breaking artist, and were a ground breaking artist when you created this piece.

    So glad you brought this back for us so I could reminisce and appreciate a second time. I'm thrilled this was your September entry for Second on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I don't remember this post. I may not have "known" you at this time. My kids use mind maps in school all the time now but they are certainly not as pretty as your. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I can see why it is one of your most visited posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "artistic interpretation"! Putting the words with the image is a great visual, a unique view of you, the artist. I can see why so many liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous mind map. I did something a few years ago in a mandala design.
    I had such a great time creating it and it was good to focus and think about what is important to me.
    I think this is my first visit to you, so I haven't seen this before... I'm glad that I didn't miss it.
    Have fun and enjoy lots of creativity ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH how great to see this fab piece Dianne!!!
    Elizabeth's look back really is a lot of fun.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I like the idea of a "mind map". So much to look at in your work and I hadn't seen it before so it was all new to me.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!