Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cross Stitch Mini Sampler


This is what I did this week
while I was fighting a terrible cold...a
mini cross-stitch sampler on 11 count Aida cloth.
It ended up just under 4" x 6".

I sat on the couch with my box of tissues,
decaf herbal tea--of which it felt like I drank buckets--
and stitched away while watching 
Monarch of the Glen on Netflix.  Now 
fighting a cough, but on the mend, and 
happy with the results of the stitching.

Cross stitch motifs combined from
Antique Sampler from Jeremiah Junction Designs
by Linda Coleman (light switch cover designs),
Complete book of Cross Stitch by E. Van Zandt,
and 
The Sampler Motif Book by Brenda Keyes.

Not sure how I will finish this...
I am leaning toward making a little
drawstring bag...stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. I would have been by sooner, but left early yesterday and was out all day. By the time I got home, I was so exhausted, getting on the computer was too tiring.

    I have to say, I'm glad you are on the mend. Wish you felt up to par, though.

    Looks like spring has arrived in the form of your mini sampler. It looks like a LOT of work. I love it, especially the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, love your collages! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dianne! LOVE your journal pages/collages! I too keep all my little treasures in tubs, tins, etc. and i LOVE the beach ... so much inspiration there. Off to explore more about YOU ... don't think I have ever been here before and I like it here lots (also could use the weight loss facilitaor thing LOTS, so heading there too ❤

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!