Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trying Out Gouache



Gouache is an opaque water-based paint.
It handles a lot like poster paints, and
has a matte finish.
(click on any image to view enlargement)



There are only a couple of blank
pages left in this little journal made
from pink drawing paper.



This pen drawing is similar to one I did
for a swap, here, in which the theme was East Indian
art. I liked the textures and patterns so much,
that I did a page for myself in this journal.
I think I may have to add watercolor
to this.  Do you think it needs color?




Another page using gouache,
where I used up the colors left on my 
palette.  When I start to think that my
journal pages are becoming too similar
to each other, it's time to try something different,
like no words, just shapes-texture-color!


5 comments:

  1. Howdy,
    These are exquisite!

    Would love to see how you color/paint the peacock drawing. Excellent work - you've inspired me to practice my drawing more!

    Would love for you to visit my blog and snoop around when you have a moment or 2.

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your blog, thank you for sharing your beautiful work. The pen drawing is stunning as-is, IMO, although colour would be very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE how you have changed the "gist" of these pages depending on your mood. That makes the pen drawing so much more unique. The fact that it is in the same journal with a bunch of lovely colored drawings shows how special it is. Showing/spotlgihting something unique often takes it over the top and gives it added importance. Of course, I find ALL your art has importance, especially since I don't draw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Добрый день! Увидел отличную возможность создать БЕСПЛАТНО сайт для компании

    Сможешь создать себе интернет-магазин или корпоративный сайт - за 30 минут. Эта система очень простая, любой разберется!

    Если станет интересно, можно заглянуть в группу http://vk.com/neosite или зайти на официальный сайт: http://demo.neobroker.ru

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!