Monday, July 7, 2014

Art Journal Pages: Turtle on T Tuesday


We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant on the 
Fourth of July.  I brought along my art journal
to sketch while we waited for our food.  In 
theory, drawing would keep me from eating
 too many tortilla chips while we waited!  
Our food came so quickly, however,
that I had to finish my pen sketch after we finished
our meal, and my hubby had to wait on me.
When I started sketching the planter, I didn't
realize it was a Turtle, until we were leaving, and
I walked over to see the other side.  The people
at the nearest table thought I was crazy, I think...
The sombrero was black velvet decorated with
silver and white sequins.  I added the
drawing of the turtle's head from memory when 
I got home, as well as the Watercolors. 
So my Turtle is the T for T Tuesday this week...


We also went to a concert in a local park,
presented by our community band.  The musical
selections were all patriotic and we quite enjoyed
it!  It is almost as much fun watching the people
as it is enjoying the music...I think the attendance
of my nephews brought down the median age
of the audience ~ most of us were seniors!

After doing a web search, I believe the 
distinctive bark on the tree I drew is
a Shagbark Hickory tree.  There were a
few hickory nuts being blown down by the
wind that evening, but there were no
casualties, that I know of...



Above, this week's Documented Life Project
challenge #27: add a Crossword, Sudoku,  
or Word-Find puzzle to your page. Another
opportunity to go with a black and white 
composition that I enjoy! Collage includes
scrapbook papers (music & crossword)
magazine clippings, and my own drawings.



In keeping with T Tuesday, I should include
a photo or drawing of my beverage of choice,
even if it isn't tea.  Joining Elizabeth for
T Tuesday, and sharing a drawing of
my pink travel mug, in progress...
not sure what else to include on the page.
Something will come to me...



17 comments:

  1. What an interesting planter and beautiful sketches. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dianne and happy T day! I love coming here and seeing your new drawings. That is so neat that you draw when out for dinner. What a cute turtle you made!!
    I love concerts in the park, hoping to attend one of ours.
    What a fun add in for DLP this week, great job.
    All your drawings are just wonderful as always. Never get tired of seeing them.
    Hope your enjoying the summer and weather too. Thanks for sharing and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that you are a great artist, well done
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like you had a really nice 4th of July weekend and celebration Dianne!
    Your drawings are such a delight I really admire your talent and all the time you put into your art...
    Happy T Day
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun planter!

    The community concert sounds like fun. People-watching is sometimes the best part of an outing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always I enjoyed the sketches and art. I am curious as to the type of tree you drew.

    Lovely planter. The sombrero and arches look like a Mexican restaurant Sally and I sometimes visit. What fun.

    Your travel mug is beautiful. Since it's a work in progress, I know we'll see more of it in time.

    Thanks for sharing your patriotic weekend with us in sketch for (turtle) T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really fantastic sketches Diane-especially after viewing the details larger! Wishing you a happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your challenge drawing! The travel mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your sketches and your post inspires me to sketch more in public. I've tried it a few times and there were no negative results but I'm still shy about it.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always a treat to visit your blog and see your gorgeous sketches and watercolors. I love the one you did in the restaurant! Hope you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Dianne, Those are fantastic drawings. Had to chuckle about taking a journal to keep from eating too many chips and salsa. I'll have to give this a try.

    Concert in the park sounds like so much fun. It is just too hot here to do that now.

    Thanks for visiting and the wonderful comment on the photos of the GKs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sketches and what an interesting planter. Sounds like you had a great 4th July.

    Happy Tuesday
    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with your sketches this week! The turtles are fantastic. Happy Tuesday !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sketches are wonderful. I love to treasure my memories through sketches but have never tried sketching from thelocation
    Happy Tday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire anyone who can sketch real things on the go!
    Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What delightful sketches! Happy T-day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy T-Day!
    I love your sketches. So cute with the turtle planters. Oh give me chips and salsa any time. Sounded like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!