Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Happy Holidays 2021


 I had some serious catching up to do in my journal after our Christmas guests left.



Doodling of animals happened...that lil' guy on the right is supposed to be a meercat.



And I do enjoy a Byzantine angel.  It occurs to me that the shading of the wings was the 13th century version of what we now call hombre coloring! 



Above, a snapshot of a drawing of my son's family, at his request. Left to right:

Internet/Gaming troll (grandson) Yes, he's taller than his dad.

Garden Gnome (our son)

Laundry Fairy (DIL)

Galaxy Princess (granddaughter)

I think they liked it. My son said I needed to make him look younger...lol.




The Christmas tree is still up, and will be at least until mid January. That's the plan anyway.



I got another smaller tree this year for my stitched Santas. I love it. It might end up being a seasonal tree that stays up all year. We will see. 

Best wishes and Peace to you. Here's hoping that 2022 will be an improvement over the last two years.


You can see more of my journals on Instagram

4 comments:

  1. It's always great to see your journaling Dianne. It's always an inspiration for me to draw more so maybe I'd be half as good. And your tree looks great too. Glad it was a nice Christmas and have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed by your lovely sketches!
    Yes, I hope this will be a much better year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun journal entries, Dianne. I really admire how you are so devoted to doing it on a regular basis. And I LOVE the pic you did of your son's family and how you gave them each an alter ego! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your journal pages, Dianne. You have a unique style I would recognize anywhere. That drawing of your family is INCREDIBLE. Simply wonderful.

    I love your little Santa Stitches tree. It is the perfect size for a table, too. I hope you have a wonderful 2022 and a safe and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!