Monday, July 5, 2021

As Time Goes On



Time passes so quickly...and yet can
drag on at the same time.
 How can that be?  




I've survived the Covid-19 Pandemic, at
least so far. Fully vaccinated and hoping
things continue to improve.




We were so bored in February, that I made
a King Cake and we celebrated Mardi Gras!




We survived the 17- year cicada invasion.
This photo was taken at my in-laws' house.
We didn't actually have any of these guys
at our own home, and I'm ok with that. 
The noise was deafening!



We've enjoyed some beautiful weather, 
sunsets, and some scorching heat too.




Always enjoy seeing some wildlife when
we're out and about. I believe this is a heron.



There's been some stitching...




and some day trips.  Above is the 
Marblehead Light House on Lake Erie.
It's one of our favorite scenic places 
to visit.




It's so pleasant to listen to the waves and
watch the boats sail (or zoom) by!




And I am still journaling away in my little
English A6 Planner from Hobonichi.  In June,
I traced fifties fashion drawings (to keep
the originals intact) that my mom
did in high school.  I cut them out and put 
them in my journal. Lots of hats and gloves, 
and tiny waists!




Still recording weather, drawing my coffee cups,
and noting the activities of each day, whether
momentous or mundane.

I hope you are keeping well, getting
back to 'normal' (whatever that may be)
and getting time to be creative.



You can see more of my journals on Instagram


 

3 comments:

  1. I've missed you and am glad to read all is OK in your world. I always love seeing your journals and your cross stitching. And I am loving the fact you are out and about and even taking photos. Sorry, I'm not on Instagram. Seems you need a cell phone for that! That makes your times on your blog even more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you have been doing okay during this unusual time in our history. I imagine we will need booster shots at some point.
    Your mother's artwork is beautiful. So of the time, too. Smart idea to trace and keep the originals intact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally just follow your IG account but I loved the "Cranky with a touch of psycho" pic. That's funny. It's a great one for a Monday. I'll have to pop over here more often.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!