Sunday, January 3, 2021

Christmas 2020 and Welcome 2021



Hello friends! It's been a while.  I have some
catching up to do... Here's a look
at a stack of Hobonichi Journals, starting with
 my 2017 on the bottom, and 2020 on top.




There's been decorating, sewing, crafting,
baking and drawing going on around here.



Happy with the way this little snow guy
turned out!



Close up of an angel on one of my
Hobonichi pages in December.











The Candy Cane Coffee Cake that
I try to bake each year. It's filled with
dried apricots and maraschino cherries.





We did not have a big family gathering this
year because of the Pandemic. (My folks are 89
and 87 yrs old!) But we did visit - masked up
and distanced - on Christmas Eve.






We had a Zoom session with my son and
his family on Christmas morning, so we 
got to see the grandchildren open their
gifts. Funny thing, the adults seemed to
stay out of view of the camera! ha ha.
Understandable. I'm not a fan of having my 
photo taken at the best of times, much
less first thing in the morning! lol.




Our daughter came to visit for a few days 
after Christmas.  So nice to have her here!
It's kind of funny, when we do see anyone in 
the family, there isn't much to talk about
because we haven't been anywhere or 
done much of anything. 




I suppose I am a 'spoil sport'...the excitement
about the New Year doesn't ring true for
me.  Change is a process, and it can 
happen any time of year...but the holiday
reminds me that I should reflect on the events 
of the year.  I can make changes to improve
my life. Heard an NPR broadcast recently
that encouraged people to Seek Delight.
Sounds like a good idea...



The quote on the left just cracked me up!
So true this year. For me and possibly
many others!




A rare selfie.
Don't expect this again soon! ha ha!

Sharing a few tiny coffee cup (and toast)
doodles today on my pages 
(did you spot them?)
 for T Tuesday, over at 
Join us for a beverage and a chat!




Old vs. new...my 2020 Hobonichi is 
on top. The 2021 on the bottom seems so thin!
 This comparison photo has become a bit of a
tradition for me.  Lots of things have been 
glued and taped into my 2020, lots of doodles
and drawings reflecting lots 
of life that happened. Here's to a happy, 
safe and healthier New Year in 2021!

16 comments:

  1. I'm running SO far behind. You wouldn't believe how far behind I am due to having NO electricity for nearly 24 hours.

    I read EVERY word of your various pages and marveled at the beauty of the drawings you created. I am always hungry after I read your calendar pages. Seems all you do is eat (grin). I love that diet joke, too. How many cupcakes did you get from the insurance?

    I was SO happy to see you saw how much I LOVE my tip-in. I'm considering framing it, rather than putting it in my tip-in book. I love it that much. I'm also glad you got my card. It was probably the least favorite of any I've ever created.

    You have a ton of coffee cups in this calendar and I lost track of how many, but I assure you, they certainly qualify for T this week. I look forward to others seeing your calendar/journal, too. Thanks for sharing, including a selfie, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are wonderful Dianne. Yes, we're all struggling with the restrictions due to Covid and it sure put a damper on the holiday spirit this year. I'm trying hard to find the positives in 2020 and suspect there will be more of the same to come in 2021. At least the first half. Hope we can find ways to see each other safely in 2021!
    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always admired your journaling. You are so talented with your drawings--a delight to see. Must be exciting to start a new one. Oh, and the cupcakes quote cracked me up, too!! Happy new year, Dianne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dianne, please be sure to link your post. I want everyone to see your incredible Christmas art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas crafts are very clever. Even if the New Year isn't a milestone in your personal calendar, I wish you and the world a better year in 2021 than we all had in 2020!

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way, I don't share photos of me very often.
    sounds like a nice holiday season, and I always enjoy seeing your journal pages-so pretty and artistic.
    Good to see ya Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back here Dianne! Love that I can catch up with you regularly on IG:) Love that candy cane shaped coffee cake.
    And oh my all those glorious pages in your journals filled with fabulous illustrations!! I so admire your skills.
    Happy New Year and a happy T Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you back! I wondered why you stopped linking but it seems you have been busy.
    That candy cane coffee cake looks so delicious and festive.
    Your journal pages are lovely and detailed as always. Love looking through them all.
    Love your rare selfie with the tree in the background.
    So glad that you were able to see family even if it was at a distance.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Muppet Christmas Carol is one of our favorites :) I like the cute snowman snow globe. We love the Mandalorian. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic post! I love all your doodles and craftiness ~ and especially your brave selfie. so much terrific art to see ~ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to see you here for T Day 😁. Your pages are amazing, the angel, reindeer and Christmas images are so beautiful! Loving all your cross-stitch and baking too, such fun! Happy T Day and wishing you all the best for the New Year! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas art is amazing Dianne. I always love seeing your journals as those pages are very inspiring. Your holiday pages are really festive. I do like your candy cane coffee cake. I want to try making a shaped coffee bread someone. I'm glad to see you back at T day. Happy new year! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved all your journal pages. The angel is gorgeous, and he ornaments and crafts are lovely, too. Happy New Year and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very nice post. Wow on those journals. Oooh a candy cane coffee cake. Yumm. It looks so good. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's nice to see you at T again, Dianne. I'm finishing up my first journal page for the new year. The topic is what inspires my art. I started by writing my favorite artists' names in the background. Your name is there.

    I always love seeing your delightful Hobonichi drawings/paintings. They really are wonderful! Your crafts and baking efforts are lovely too.

    Wishing you the best in 2021 and a Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous post! The joy of seeing your pages on my large computer screen will keep me smiling for a day or two I'm sure! Your cake looks delicious! Love the selfie with your fabulous Christmas tree! Belated Happy T Day and Happy New Year! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!