Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Index Cards and Candy Art



Continuing the 61 day creative 
habit challenge - ICAD.
 Index-Card-a-Day art: watercolor or
acrylic backgrounds, collage with painted papers, 
a little 'clip art', ink drawings, text, a map piece. 
There might be some watercolor pencil in there too...
you get the idea, lots of scraps and itty-bits!
Mixed media on index cards.




This was my favorite of the group...the 
combination of colors, and the suggestion
of blue waves...




This month the Hobonichi challenge is candy
and snacks from around the world. It's been
a fun challenge learning about each one,
and trying to represent their packaging. The
Japanese Umaibo was quite unique. Each 
flavor of the snack had a different design.




I've noticed the prominent use of bright primary
colors, especially red.  Eye catching is the name 
of the game! (Click on any image to enlarge.)




I read an American's review of the Milk Tablets 
from Thailand.  Apparently not a taste that he
found great. But I love that happy cow design!




And of course, most Americans are familiar
with Sixlets.  Similar to M &Ms, but smaller.
I like the letterstyle that's a little wonky.
This close-up reveals the imperfections,
(a little too much!) of drawing in a tiny journal.
I find that I can't see to draw tiny and accurately
that well any more. sigh. Suggestion of a
thing will have to do...


 

My journal pages usually have a
morning coffee doodle, so that 'qualifies' to
join Elizabeth for T Tuesday.
There are usually some delicious looking
photos of appetizing food on the participants blogs.
 Did you spot my doodle of the sweet roll? 
Stop by for a cup of something and a chat. 




17 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your fabulous Hobonichi drawings, Dianne. Candy around the world is a neat challenge. I enjoyed reading about the diverse tastes. Being from the States, Mexican candy doesn't appeal to me. Believe it or not, it tends to be even more sugary than U.S. candy.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A morning coffee doodle sounds perfect today! I'm into coffee for the beverage du jour also.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your illustrations, as always :) I'd never heard of Sixlets. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journaling and ICADs. Have a great week, happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The index challenge sounds like fun ~ I love your doodles, very creative! Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your index cards-that is such a great style! Your drawings always impress me so - it's just not something I could do (not that I haven't tried;)Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ICADs and daily planner artwork. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fabulous index cards and journal pages! They all look so colourful and it was so interesting seeing the different candy and snacks as they are not familiar to me being in the UK ...lol 😉. Wishing you a wonderful week and a Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I enjoy seeing your art-and I admire all of you that can keep up with the icad challenge Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. My apologies for visiting so late. My internet went out last night, then came back on again, only to go out a second time. It often happens when it rains, but it's been so dry here, I didn't realize it would be a problem.

    I really LOVE seeing your ICADs, Dianne. I share mine each Friday, in case you have time to stop by. I like them all. They are all wonderful. I couldn't pick a favorite, but I noticed a prominent amount of blue in each. Unlike your journal pages, of course, which are all bright and bold. The only candy I was really familiar with was the Jolly Rancher. Never heard of Sixlets before.

    Thanks for sharing your ICADs, allowing us to read your journal (you sure eat well), sharing your coffee on paper, and joining us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow fabulous art. I enjoyed your post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Dianne, your index cards and journal pages are fabulous! If I tried something like that on index cards it would just turn into a puddle of mud colored ink. Your color blending is spot on and of course I love your illustrations.
    Candy is such a fun theme. Those labels look so authentic.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing your journal Dianne, and now your ICADS too. This is a fun challenge with all this candy. I would have had fun just exploring the candy types. Hope all is well with you and that you had a super T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ICADs are delicious eye candy. Love the colors . And the things you draw in your planner are just awesome. Candy and snacks what a great theme. Now I want some chocolate. Take care and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. How interesting to look at candies and snacks from different countries. I am not familiar with any of the candies/snacks you have drawn.
    Your index card is beautiful. I agree that the one with the blue waves is gorgeous. Strangely enough, that same index card in the top photo looks much greener.....
    I love looking at your journal, seeing your tiny drawings and reading what you have been up to- (Do I have a degree of voyeurism in me?)
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOhhh Your Icads are all Fantastic Dianne !! Loove them, they are full of colours and creativity!! Great daily pages!! I hope you spent a lovely T-day.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your ICADs are so pretty - I love those colour combinations! Your diary journal pages are always a joy to see and I love the sweet bars! My, you have been busy though! Take care! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!