Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mail Art



Mail art received from Kristine
in Denmark! Beautiful green leaves
stenciled onto cardboard, then green
duct tape to create a sturdy envelope.





Inside was this beautiful dried leaf
with white painted dots, and a quote:
"Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead
has never watched them dancing
on a windy day."
~ Shia Tamir

So pretty, and just what I needed on the
winter day that I received it! Thank you Kristine!


In return, I've sent...




...yes, two envelopes. One inside the other.
Inspired by the style of Nick Bantock's art work
 from the book series "Griffin and Sabine."
Includes stamping, drawing, labels,
colored pencil, reinforcement circles,
and a bird image from an old magazine.


Postcard inside the second envelope

I love Bantock's seemingly random, exotic images
juxtaposed with each other.  Since I had 
used watercolors on this postcard, I knew
it wasn't safe to send through the mail 
system 'naked.' And getting to decorate a second
 envelope was fun too! Across the bottom
 of the postcard I used some images from my Ohio petroglyphs research, done for a
It's really fun to get art in the mail!
 I recommend it!

Back of postcard with images and faux postage


Joining up for T Tuesday,
a beverage and a chat...
 

 

15 comments:

  1. Wow, the mail art you have received and sent is amazing! Such lovely creations and so much detail too - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. your Nick Bantock's art work is gorgeous Dianne and you received beautiful mail!
    Happy T-Day!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mail art-both of you-is stunning. I loved the poem too. Wishing you a wonderful T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes indeed it is and i'd have to concur with your recommendation .. A little MailArt every day does a body good! And yours are lovely... that which you have given and what you received! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. That leaf is my favorite :) and that bright smiling sunshine. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's so nice to give and receive art mail, and your exchange is super- what gorgeous envies and art-wow! And i do love that leaf quote:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super happy mail sent and received.Love your calendar drawings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fabulous mail art from both of you, I;m sure both of you will treasure this post.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a wonderful postal exchange! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice mail art Dianne. And I do enjoy Nick Bantock's exotic pages. He has a great style and think you made some nice Bantock style art! Hope it was a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mail. 'that leaf and quote were beautiful. I always think I am going to get something good, but mostly adds! Thanks for sharing yours! :) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your nick bantock style mail art - your friend will enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am back from Missouri, where I spent two very sleepless days and nights. After returning, I crashed. Finally awake and drinking my third coffee of the day and fighting sleep deprivation, I am thrilled to see your T Tuesday experience. Your mail art is fabulous. You got a lovely, lovely card and envelope, but you outdid yourself with your Nick Bantock style art you sent her.

    Thank you for your contribution to T Tuesday this week. I am always thrilled to see your drawings, whether they are about coffee or mail art like this Tuesday provided.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! Great mail art ♥ I am so late getting around to folks this week. Going back to work after being so sick was a real drain an what little energy I had but each day is getting easier :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog I always enjoy the visit♥
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful mail art, Dianne - the one you received and the ones you sent. I just adore your art :D

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!