Saturday, December 31, 2011

Medieval Fragments--Revised



Black and white line drawings are a favorite 
technique of mine, but these just didn't seem finished
without color.  Watercolor added in
my purchased Mixed Media Art Journal.
(Canson multi-media paper)





It seems odd to know that sculptures of the
Early Middle Ages were probably brightly
painted. We are used to seeing the
worn sculpture surfaces without color, 
the texture of the stone and the shadows
created by the shapes creating subdued
but striking compositions.

I am thankful that in our time, art can be
created and enjoyed by all, and is not
 found only in churches and museums.
The packaging of your morning cereal
is art, and even the billboard down the road.
(though some more so than others!)
Where did you see art today?


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I like your work on these.

    I love that art is an organic, changing thing which reflects the inspirations of our times. It's real and true when we make it from our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about art being all around us. I am a big fan of all things Medieval...your pages are fantastic Dianne!

    Here's to another creative year...thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    Sending every good and special wish your way
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got online for the first time in several weeks (other than some scheduled posts). I'm hoping my computer woes are over and I can visit more often. It's good to catch up on your blog and all your lovely journal pages you have made. You know how much I LOVE your drawings, and color is so exciting when it's in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to say I LOVE your journal pages, have looked through quite a lot of your blog and you have a lovely style. Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!