Saturday, January 29, 2011

Art Journal Pages


Continuing to work in the Green Scrappy Journal
that Elizabeth sent me.
'Plunge into Life' is created on top of
a page made from brown paper bag.




The next page shows the tags
peeking out of the paper bag opening,
and from behind the cardstock that
had been sewn to it.



One side of the larger tag is above.
The quote was torn from an old
psychology textbook.



A quote written on hand-painted paper
is on the other side of the large tag.
I made this paper while
painting with poster paints with
my grandson one day...
you can see the crayon resist
beneath the paint on the right side.



I love this quote...
Go throw some paint!


6 comments:

  1. Good grief! It's been FOREVER since I visited. I'm off to get a pot (OOPS, I mean CUP) of coffee and take in the awesomeness I have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the quote from Danny Kaye, it brought up such imagery that I KNEW I had to use it in the Quotes swap. Thanks for inspiring me to plop and throw down some paint!

    As always, I am in awe of the pages you turn into your own style. I'm so glad I left so many surfaces for you to draw on. Unlike the other journals I made, yours was the least adorned. At first I wondered if you would feel cheated. But I soon realized your art would take center stage, no matter how much or how little I added to the pages. Well, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize for the comment left by "Wabbit" not appearing here. I 'published' it, and it appears in my 'comments' archive, but for some reason it has not shown up here.

    Thank you for stopping by and letting me know what you think, and please know that I didn't delete it! I appreciate each and every comment left by those who take the time to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your journal pages are looking great...on the post above this one you mention the paper buckling...that pains me too...a friend told me about Acrylic paper that is about 246lb weight unfortunately I haven't found it in a spiral pad
    Strathmore makes it in 9x12" tear out pads
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page!!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!