Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mini Collages

The cover of my Mini Collage Book: some of the first "inchies" I created.
These collages were created in an index card spiral notebook. They are small--3" x 5".
The idea (which I read about and can't remember the source) was to use the spiral index cards to take along with you and make mini-collages wherever you are. It doesn't work that way for me usually, though...I like to use paint, and that's not always so portable. I end up doing these while I watch TV in the evening. Painting while you wait for your doctor's appointment might get a bit messy...but the small size does make the work go faster and you can finish one pretty quickly. I have taken this with me on weekend trips, along with painted paper scraps, scissors, glue stick & pens...well, you get the idea.
I used a glue resist technique on the page above. Apply white glue to the page in lines, any pattern, and let dry. Raised edges form when the glue is dry. Can be painted over with acrylic or watercolors as long as you don't use too much water and cause the glue to soften again. I also added a little pen drawing in fine point marker.
Colored pencil, fabric, pen drawing, images from tissue wrapping paper.
Photocopies of images of men and a boy. I think this needs
a caption, but I just haven't come up with the right thing yet.
I'm open to suggestions!

Stamped image, (above) tissue paper, acrylic, copper spiral, and beads

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love your work.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work...

    when i saw the male page...
    Poppa
    went through my mind
    could be the caption?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really beautiful, Dianne. I really love your use of color and the abandon you are able to achieve in your art. Your inchies are fun and show a lot of energy. The entire concept of 3 X 5 cards is intriging. I may have to do something similar.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!