Friday, July 12, 2019

Summer Groovin'



Hi there...
been gone awhile. Enjoying the
summer that has finally arrived.
Above, is a photo of the bumper crop of
milkweed that my In-laws have saved
for the Monarchs. Can you spot the butterfly?




Yes, I'm still journaling in my Hobonichi.
I confess, I've been wooed away from
my blog by Instagram.
It is super easy to post there.




I had to break down and buy a new 
printer/scanner, and I don't have a clue
how to edit my scans with the new
device. *sigh*
I will have to call in reinforcements. Hopefully, 
my daughter can figure it out and show me!




Fortunately I managed a work-around with
phone photos that I emailed to myself,
saved to my computer, and then
posted!  

I've discovered some fun drawing
challenges on Instagram, and for the month
of July I'm celebrating hippie doodles with 
#ohsocutedoodles ,
and the 50th anniversary of Woodstock.
At 15 years old in rural Ohio, I was completely clueless 
about free rock concerts in upstate New York.
But I remember the great art, design,
music and advertising of the late 60's
and early 70's.  Groovy man!

  
IG: dbcarey_2000



3 comments:

  1. Ah, Instagram. Hashtags and impersonal. I can't join because I don't have a cell phone. And I'm not sure I would want to, either. However, I can tell you I've missed you on your blog.

    I enjoyed reading about your latest challenges. The 60s seem to be well represented in hair in your diary. I remember researching that Woodstock logo for a tip-in swap one year. You represented it well.

    Hope you get your scanner figured out soon, although I can enlarge and read your pages easily. BTW, I have NO grip, so you are way ahead of me. You have grip to lose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, nice to hear from you I never can figure out anything tech either hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these pages Dianne! I must say I still love my blog but Instagram is so easy to access on the move and a quick way to keep up with friends! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!