Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Planner Mash Up



It's a bit of a 'mash-up' today, of Planner
Pages that I've been decorating.  Above, is
the evidence of a more traditional style
planner that is dedicated to Harry Potter
style decorations.  I know, I know. You'd be
surprised how many adults out there are
obsessed. Anyway, I've had the bright
idea to have a 'Harry Potter feast' for our
grandkids this year, and fear I've bitten off
more than I can chew, as the saying goes!




A 'Hufflepuff' themed spread for the week of
Dec. 3-9. Hufflepuff is one of the Wizarding
Houses in the Harry Potter series of books.
Students in the imaginary wizarding school are
divided into Houses for living and educational
purposes. (There are some similarities to
 college fraternities or sororities, but the Houses
are co-ed with separate sleeping quarters.)




Sharing a few highlights today, since I've 
been so remiss in posting.




A few of the October drawings are
some of my favorites...








As we near the end of the year, it gets 
more difficult to write in my Hobonichi, as 
it has gotten quite chunky, and more difficult
to scan or photograph!  It's grown to 
about 2 1/4 inches in thickness.  Maybe
a few too many added layers of
collage?!



The December monthly pages in this mini
Happy Planner depict the impending Christmas
feast.  I even bought Christmas crackers this
year, which is a first.  Hope they have a nice
pop!  Click on the image, to see details of
the gold gnome in a tutu!




I don't make Christmas Cake myself, but my
son makes fruitcake, so we will have that for
Christmas Eve dinner. I also wanted to make
Treacle Tart, but the granddaughter wants
pecan pie, so we will see if it all gets done.
I made a treacle tart at Thanksgiving, (I just
used Karo syrup and the suggested lemon 
juice) as a kind of practice run, and
 thought that the cookie-like crust 
was a bit tough. Did I knead it too much?
Add too much flour?  Leave me your advise
please! 


Linking up for T Tuesday over at 
Altered Book Lover's blog, where we share
our beverage-related posts on Tuesdays.
Stop by to join in, or just visit!  My 
beverage drawings are hidden on some
of these pages. I think I counted six coffee
cups...did I miss any?

Thanks for stopping by...leave me a 
comment and give me your advice on 
making a more tender tart crust!



17 comments:

  1. Love, love all your fabulous illustrations Dianne!! And though i know nothing about Harry Potter your drawings of the characters are superb! Hope all goes well with your special HP feast. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your pages looks so amazing with your beautiful drawings! I always enjoy seeing them 😀. Thanks for sharing them and wishing you a happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the idea of a Hogwarts style decoration, and your ideas and illustrations are wonderful, as always. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your art-and wow a Harry Potter feast-let us know what all you made and how it turns out.
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are full of amazing illustration details. I have to admit to being a Harry Potter fan, it began when we read the first book to the older children at the end of the school day.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the drawings in your planner. My favorite page was the one with the black cats, of course. The Hogwarts feast will be lots of fun. You'll have to T that one. I must have missed a cup as I only counted 5. No worries. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages as always. I love the idea of a Harry Potter feast. I just finished all the books and I wish that they didn't have to end. Have you seen the Harry Potter cookbook? I bet that would be the perfect resource to use for your feast. Would love to see pictures of your feast.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the dark about the various characters, including Harry Potter and Huffy Puffy or whatever. Lovely drawings, though. Favorites: turkey on platter, the incredible glass bottle, and flowers are toast!

    I had trouble leaving you a comment. I got a 405 error, so had to start over. How many journals are you using in 2019? I don't do planners, so will see how you use yours.

    I have NO idea what a Treacle Tart is, much less give you any advice. I'm off to check it out now.

    Speaking of checking it out, you wrote "Google it and order it online." Google is NOT a verb. It does not take the place of the term INTERNET SEARCH, although many think it does. I have a THING about Google, as I guess you can tell.

    Thanks for sharing your planner with us, along with your various and BEAUTIFUL drawings and cups of coffee for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back to T day again Dianne. What else are you having for a Harry Potter feast? I've never made treacle tart so I can't help you, but I sure enjoyed all your fantastic drawings. Hope the planning goes well for your fun meal. And hope it was a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've missed your wonderful drawings. The HP theme sounds like fun. I don't know which crust recipe you used, the cookie dough crust I make is a little sticky and while I do roll it, I actually kind of press it into the pan. Too much flour would make it taste cardboard like I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw on your pages that you have planner socials and I want to have start hosting meet ups in the new year so I'm collecting ideas. Can you tell me what sort of things you do at yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dionne~ mostly we meet new friends, talk and laugh. Introduce ourselves and tell what type of planner/agenda we use, how long we've been using a planner, what our goals are. Maybe explain something about what our favorite products are. We had a 'destash' party last month that people brought stuff they no longer needed to give away. We had about 20 people and several tables full of stickers, planners, die cuts, and all manner of goodies that were free for the taking! the best part was meeting new friends and sharing our 'planner obsession!'

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful glut of fabulous drawings! I so enjoy looking at your pages.
    I know nothing about Harry Potter, but my blog friend Virginia (celtichouse.blogspot.com) has not one, not two, but three Harry Potter Christmas trees! Your Harry Potter feast sounds great. I'm sure the kids would be happy to help you with the preparations.
    My favorite page would be the one with Hermione.Yes, I counted 6 cups plus a trophy cup is 7.
    Like Darla, I push my pastry into the mold, and I don't knead it too much. You might have made sweet short crust pastry. That doesn't need kneading either, just rolling out.
    Don't forget to tell us all about the Hogwart feast.
    Belated happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful arty pages and great food ideas

    A bit late so hope your T Day went well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love looking at your planners. I wish I could figure out how I want to do one like this. I just have too many things I want to do and not enough time. I did have friends over for our gift exchange and brunch and visiting. It made me get my decorating done early! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to be so late to tea. The winter holiday time is always crazy busy for my business. Better late then never ;-)

    "Just" highlights of your journal pages are fine, Dianne. I love seeing your wonderful illustrations. Maybe
    it helps that I'm a Potter fan too (grin). Good luck with the Harry Potter feast. I hope you'll report to us. I bet it will be amazing.

    OMGosh, the gold gnome made me smile :D

    I loved today's post!

    Belated Happy T-Day! Eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing your planner pages in a blog post! Your drawings are a true delight!! A Harry Potter theme party sounds like great fun!! My Mum used to make treacle tart but I suspect that the English version may not be the same as she used oats in the filling and always in a shortcrust pastry base! A very belated Happy T Day to you! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!