Techniques for Art Journal pages can include anything that fits on the page! Here are some ways that I create my pages.
- Take Notes- I like to write down excerpts of interesting historic facts, art history information, and descriptions of art styles or techniques. Noting the author and source is important to me. When I don't do it, it's frustrating later and I wish I had the information! I like to add sketches to the page for clarity of information if possible.
- Doodle- I can fill a lot of pages with doodles! geometric shapes, curlicues, eyes, mouths, faces, flowers...on and on. I believe this is a quote from a podcast featuring Teesha Moore. Which also brings me to the idea of-
- Fill your Journal up with what you did that day...notes, lists, what you did, what you noticed...it's amazing how it can bring back memories when you re-read it...moments frozen in time!
- Found Poetry- These are phrases and words that I found interesting, and wrote them surrounding the image of people. Use any book or magazine as your source, just combine words that you find that make an interesting combination. For me, they don't even have to 'make sense.' (frustratingly, this is one of the times I didn't note my source!)
- Respond to Someone Else's Art-This page is from the Scrappy Green Journal that Elizabeth made...and I embellished or drew on the pages that she had made. I was reacting to someone else's images and layout, which is a really interesting challenge and helps you create things you might not normally have envisioned.
- Draw what's in front of you- Combined with scraps of decorative paper, and thoughts about the day, a sketch of your coffee or tea seems a comforting image to me. I really don't remember what prompted the sketch of the scissors and the paintbrush...they were probably on the table when I sat down to draw!
- Use ideas from the Masters- This page was inspired by patterns in a Picasso painting and I wrote about what I was doing while I doodled. A very simple page, and fun to do.
I will do another post about
Techniques for Art Journal Pages
next week. I hope to see you then!
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
Linking up with Bluebeard and Elizabeth for
Please visit Altered Book Lover to see what
others are 'up to' in their studios!