Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cottonwood Trees

The origin of my Blog title: Art Beneath the Cottonwoods...
A view of some of the cottonwood trees in our yard...they have large heart-shaped leaves, as the watercolor painting I used for the title banner shows. When the wind blows, it often sounds as though it is raining, when in reality it is just the rustling of the leaves. These trees are a mixed blessing because they drop many little branches ( or a lot of big branches during a storm!) but they do help keep our house cool. In July, the leaves begin to turn brown and fall...no pretty colors. We have to rely on the Maple trees for autumn color...I hope to add more photos of the Cottonwood trees throughout the seasons. In the spring, there is a surprising amount of "cotton" that resembles snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!