Friday, September 6, 2019

The Fair Sketchbook


My Fair Sketchbook over the years
(photo heavy post!)


2012 through 2019


Felt-tip pen and watercolor,


each drawn on location.















Transitional page: Zinnias on the left
were at the Ohio State Fair, memorial on 
the right was at the Fulton County Fair.




Drawn in a sketchbook gifted to me
by Roz Stendahl. Thank you Roz
 for inspiring Fake Journals and
drawing at the fair!


I'm pleased that there seems to be
an improvement in the drawings
 over the years. I do so enjoy going
to the fair! And honestly, just as much
to watch the people and see the 
exhibits, as well as the animals.




3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Dianne! So fun to see them all together in one spot. You have improved, but I always thought your work was stellar. Never thought it needed improvement. Good lesson to me that we ALL get better as we practice. Even those we see as experts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I can't draw in my studio, and would be far too embarrassed to try in public. I give you lots of kudos for that. Stunning realism. LOVED the one with the flag at half staff for McCain. It's fun to visit the fair, but I never seem to make it to the animals, although I just missed the sheep shearing by a few minutes the last time I went. The schedule was wrong or the guy decided to start early. Either way, he mentioned he wished he'd waited since so many people showed up after the demo was nearly over.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!