Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Garden Therapy



Tuesday Therapy...
a garden retreat is 
food for the soul, as well as
tomatoes for your tummy! 




Belatedly showing swap pages sent
to Chris of PearShapedChris*
whose book theme was 'anything
in a garden.'  Above, a peony that I
painted in watercolor, then cut out and
created a large pocket for tags.










Flowers embroidered on fabric, with
a bit of running stitch, lazy daisy, and 
French knots. Mounted on watercolor
paper. Couldn't resist adding the
cross-stitched bee.




Folk art flowers in watercolor
with a quote...




and more watercolor ~ with 
flowers adhered from napkins, as well
as watercolor painted flowers.




Since Chris had specified 'anything
in a garden - except frogs' I decided
to draw a little mouse just for fun!




The arrival of these pages took way
longer than it should, due to my inexperience
with shipping internationally. Thanks Chris
for being so patient! I hope everything 
arrived in good condition.

Linking up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth
for T Tuesday...yes, I have still been
journaling in my Hobonichi Techo!




Above, tiny sketch of biscuits and coffee,
to qualify as my T Tuesday
 photo reference!




Yes, we were crazy enough to go
tent camping at our age!

Stop by to visit the other 
T Tuesday bloggers to
see assorted shenanigans...



15 comments:

  1. Love the first tag! So true. I was sad when I had to buy tomatoes this past weekend. Love the page that you seamlessly transitioned from fabric to watercolor...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your garden pages..I had one of my little tomatoes for lunch today too

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much beautiful things! Where do I start!
    I always look forward to seeing and reading your Hobonicho diary. The images enlarge beautifully so I can read them and appreciate the drawings etc. I love what you do there. How brave to go camping (I assume in a tent). But you had a great time by the sounds of it.
    The swap pages about the garden are beautiful. Did you make them or are they the ones that you received? They are all very beautiful. I also love the quotes. They make me smile. (love the little mouse).
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a really fabulous collection of art Dianne!!! SO good to see you back as I have missed your beautiful watercolor drawings. Not so sure I could do tent camping anymore-good for you for braving it. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED your post, and the garden sentiments made me smile. Beautiful art too.
    Tent camping, at my age, would NOT be my FIRST choice...LOL!!
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those garden swap pages for Chris are fantastic, and so very different from anything any of the rest of us have shown or created. I suspect Chris is over the moon with these pages.

    Coffee and biscuits at Cracker Barrel, after camping out? You really ARE brave. I read your entries and was glad you made it back, even after that long, scenic trail. And Mammoth Cave sounds awesome. I love spelunking.

    Thanks for sharing your garden inspired art for Chris, your journal entries, your tent camping, and your coffee and biscuits with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can say that these pages are even better IRL! Such lovely ideas and and you know I love your lettering! I have plans to show them on my blog too! We just seem to have been out and about too much!! I love your journal pages - bravo for camping - I think my camping days are over!! Still never say never!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Garden as therapy, yes! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome journal pages. Chris would love the ones she received.
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun camping as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created such lovely art pieces, Chris is very lucky :-). I love looking at and reading your journal pages - they are always so beautifully written and depicted! It looks like you had lots of fun on your camping trip too. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your art journal pages are fantastic, as always. Great to see you around again, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the watercolor art as well as the embroidery. so many awesome pieces. loved the Quote on the first tag:) so nice you are back to t-day art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful assortment of pages!!!! You always amaze me with your art and journals. Of course I loved the garden quote art ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dianne as always your pages take my breath away... just lovely.. i wish i had more time to peruse them... This is a quick late T day flyby i'm afraid... I hope to do better next week... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dianne love visitng your blog. Your garden pages are superb and your watercolor art as well as the embroidery are just amazing.Happy Halloween my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!