Monday, October 23, 2017

Ink and Sushi




I am continuing the Inktober Challenge -
drawing in ink every day and posting it
on line- but using the Hobonichi Challenge
 prompts. Above: Mummy and Skull.




Candy and Monster




Clown and Cobweb. I'm not particularly afraid of
clowns, but I also do NOT usually watch horror
 movies...so if there are scary movies out there 
featuring clowns, I don't want to know about it.
I tried to make a pleasantly happy clown...




Enjoyed a wonderful week visiting my son and
his family. These pages document some of our
 activities. Above, Owl and Trick-or-Treat prompts.




My son had a birthday while we were there,
and he wanted to go out for sushi. We had lunch
at a Japanese Steak House, and I had the 
"Bento Box" lunch. It seemed more like a 
lunch tray, at least in size, but the food
was good. I chose the grilled scallops.




Our grandson also ordered sushi, and as he
was seated next to me, I got a photo of his
substantial lunch.  He said some of it was
pretty spicy.




It's actually pretty to look at, but just not to 
my taste...




More October prompts: Haunted House
and Black Cat. The cat is inspired by a vintage
Halloween decoration.






For the Ghost prompt, I decided to draw one
 of the ghosts from the Harry Potter movies, 
Moaning Myrtle. She's one of my favorite
 characters. The Leaves are drawn from
and on-line photo.





Prompts 18 and 19 were Vampire 
and Werewolf.  The Count from Sesame Street
 seemed a fun choice to draw for the vampire. 
I wonder if I could find a copy of
the Werewolf of London movie? It
might not be too scary to watch. 
I would guess that a 1930's movie would be 
pretty tame compared to what 
is produced these days. One of my all time
favorite old movies is Arsenic and Old Lace. 
I loved that movie!  But I digress...


Prompt: Mermaid~ I chose to do a
little gal in a mermaid costume.

You may have noticed several little coffee
cup drawings, in addition to my glass of water
at the restaurant, referenced for Bleubeard and 
Elizabeth's T-Tuesday blog hop.
You don't have to draw your own tea/coffee cup
or your food to join in...just
stop by for a beverage and a chat!




19 comments:

  1. i love that movie Arsenic and Old Lace too:):) Really amazing details and accuracy in your illustrations Dianne. You are so talented. Would thoroughly enjoy both your food choice and that plate of sushi-yum! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful journaling, your illustrations are always so fantastic. The food at the Japanese restaurant looks great. Arsenic and old lace was really a great movie, I loved it. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your journal pages. They are fun to see, as well as read. I bought some of those square marshmallows for s'mores. They don't toast too well, though, at least they didn't for me.

    Really loved the count and the owl. Beautiful drawings everywhere.

    I'm not a big fan of sushi. I've tried. I eat it at buffets on occasion, but I won't go to a strictly sushi restaurant for it. Your lunch looked very substantial. No wonder you get all those steps in each day (grin).

    Thanks for sharing your drink at the restaurant, as well as all these lovely mugs, travel cups, and other art with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention. Yes, there was a charge to go through the corn maze, but I have no idea what it was, especially since they weren't open for me to learn. They were the ONLY farm around that didn't charge money at the gate just to get in to buy a pumpkin, so that is why I went. They also didn't charge to go to the pumpkin patch. Other than that, I have no idea what the cost of the maze or the other events were.

    BTW, the other gate admissions at other farms were from $5.00 to $8.00 (USD) for each person. I thought THAT was a rip off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing work as always the food looks delicious-we love sushi too Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what amazing pages and I love how the orange accents you created on some of your drawings and pages - beautiful! Looks like you've had a busy time and so much fun with all the different drawings - I love the owl 😁. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I am always amazed when I see your fabulous art journals.
    Your drawings are always so detailed, I was drawn to the ink drawing of the owl, 'fabulous'.
    The food looked good as well although I would have to pass on the Sushi as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some fantastic sketches in your journal. How do you get it to be so flat? Mine has a major bend. I love the Halloween art though I think the spookiest is Bozo the clown. Clowns are freaky for me. The owl is my favorite, but it's always so much fun to see your sketches. Nice sushi too. It would taste good to have some as I haven't has sushi for awhile. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shock to see you mention Arsenic and Old Lace... i stumbled upon that old movie a long time ago and LOVED it. I would dearly like to see it again.. Just love your illustrations Dianne. Such a lot of time , effort and love go into them. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love your illustrations and patiently read every page and look at your drawings. I also read the Little story at the bottom of your page and enjoyed the one about the butterfly on the eighth floor. I am always intrigued why my surname (Meijer) pops up every now and then (?)
    Thank you for sharing the sushi. We don't have Japanese restaurants here but I do love sushi, especially the spicy stuff. (can't remember what that is called). It all looks very yummy.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your illustrations! such a variety of styles that all come together so beautifully! I love the count. Great hobonichi. Happy t day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do watch horror movies but have never seen one featuring a clown. I'll try to keep it that way. I love your Halloween drawings, especially that cat! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great time you had - no to sushi for me too - I didn't like the texture at all! I loved seeing your drawings and your beautiful lettering! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic journaling pages towards Halloween! love them so much. and i always wonder if you are drawing and Walking simultaneously *g* - you get a lot of steps each day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I can read at my kitchen counter while walking-in-place, but I can't draw while walking!! ;) The main trouble is when I have to sit down at the computer...

      Delete
  15. Your Inktober pages are simply ADORABLE!!!
    Oh I am with your grandson..Sushi is always something for me !! Yummie!

    Happy T-Day Dianne!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not accustomed to seeing your art without color, Dianne. The sketching is still wonderful but I miss the color. I wonder if you do too. Your clown looks like Clarabell (sp?) from the Howdy Doody Show! Definitely not a scary clown. Clowns shouldn't be scary as far as I'm concerned.

    I agree that your Bento Box looks like a lunch tray. My first thought was a T.V. dinner - lol. Glad the food was good. That's the most important part.

    Love your Moaning Myrtle! I prefer old time horror movies too. Today's movies give a whole new meaning to the word "horror."

    Happy T-Day!! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't get over how amazing your pages are! I just subscribed so now I should get updates. And that sushi looks amazing. I love sushi!
    Happy Wednesday,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!