Tuesday, September 12, 2017

T is for Tales



For T Tuesday, sharing little drawings of my
breakfast and beverage.  Coffee of course.
Click on the link to visit other bloggers
for a beverage and a chat...

Above, the end of August 'favorites' in
the Hobonichi Challenge. Favorite vegetable
and Favorite Book. I find it very hard to pick
a 'favorite' of anything! But 'Heidi' was one 
book that I read over and over as a child.



Who has a favorite 'sign?'  Searching on the web,
I found one you can order...a fun one from The
Wizard of Oz. September's challenges are listed
on the right...several stories I wasn't familiar with.




Grimm's Fairy Tales are FAR from the sanitized
Disney versions. I had to look up The Juniper Tree
to get a synopsis of the story. Quite awful really...




The Singing Tortoise and Alice in Wonderland.




These drawings for Momotaro and Hans the
Hedgehog were inspired by vintage illustrations
I found online.  Below, some sketches done
at the Fulton County Fair. This has become a
bit of a tradition, though I usually don't get as
much time to sketch as I'd like.







These pygmy goats were so sweet...



More Fairy Tales...











Fitcher's Bird was another tale I hadn't
heard of.  A bloody one...but with a 
strong heroine!




Grimm's Little Mermaid is quite different
from Disney's. She dies in the end, but is
transformed and taken up 
into the air with the Air Spirits
to aid and watch over mankind,
because of her sacrifice of love...





P.S. ~ There were Five coffee cups in
the last post...it is easy to miss the little
cup that isn't 'colored in,' next to the
words 'Blog Post.'


15 comments:

  1. good morning this was so fun! Heidi was my most favorite book too as a child--Your art is so special-do you illustrate for books?? you should-hugs Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your illustrations. So fun to look at. I loved Heidi too, especially the movie with Shirley Temple. I've never heard of the Fitcher's Bird. Somewhere, is a book of Grimm's tales. Will have to see if it's in there. Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your paintings/drawings this week. I can't wait for Day 29 when you draw Bluebeard. That was an evil man. I had to write it three times because I kept wanting to write Bleubeard, who is NOT evil (grin).

    Yes, those Grimm fairy tales are really evil. Nothing children should ever be exposed to.

    I enjoyed reading about your drawing class. Drawing with a stick? You should have asked. And his reference to 9/11 was the same as Erika's when she said the high school students were too young to remember or not born yet.

    Gosh, I looked three times for the cups last week, and now I'm embarrassed that I missed one. Thanks for drawing some for us today and for sharing your wonderful art (and washi tape) with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please don´t laugh... how can you gather so many steps a day when you draw so many beautiful pages in your hobo? drawing while Walking? well, all of your pages are fantastic and the subject of faires is so enchanting!
    yes, the Little mermaid of h.c.andersen has quite some sad parts... i remember reading it last year when i visited his grave in copenhagen. - the princess on the pea always was one of my favorite fairy tales:)
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW . what amazing artwork this week again! You never cease to amaze me with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee, of course! Yes!

    I love the old fairy tales, even though they live up to the "Grimm" name ;)

    Farm animals were always my favorite part of the annual fair, and I like your sketches. Fond memories, because the current incarnation of our fair doesn't have the animals I used to look so forward to seeing. Thx!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Dianne-your pages and drawing are all just fabulous!!! I don't know how you get anything else done with all your detailed pages-so impressive. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh just love all your pages dianne!! Such talent! If you like Heidi tales.. have you seen the movie Courage Mountain with a very young Charlie Sheen??? Love that.. I use it as a Christmas movie as it has a sweet Christmas scene at the end.. Happy happy T day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your journals are absolutely first class. Love everything. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your artwork and journals are always full to the brill with wonderful images. Awesome sketches of the animals at the country fair.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you have out done yourself this week with all your fabulous drawings! They are spectacular and I love the fairy tales especially The Princess and the Pea, I always loved my mum reading it to me at bedtime 😁. Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to read this post and look at the art several times. There is so much to see. Heidi was a childhood favorite although Alice in Wonderland was right there at the top - maybe a tie. The old book illustrations are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love your drawings. Can I ask are all of them done with ink and watercolor? Do you have to be really careful with using watercolor so that the pages don't buckle? Or do you also use other mediums?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you get your journal to lay so flat? Mine is bulging.But anyhow, I love your sketches. I fairy tales are amazing. I really enjoyed stopping by. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated T-Day!

    I see a lot of unfamiliar fairy tales on that list. But a lot of old favorites, too.

    Your journal pages remind me of some movies I have enjoyed. I love the Shirley Temple movie of Heidi. There is also a Jim Henson "Storyteller" version of Hans the Hedgehog that I like.

    Take care and enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!