Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Techo Tuesday: Sea Creatures




 June's drawing challenge is Sea Creatures.
The Hobonichi Challenge on Instagram gives
me a different thing to draw each day.




Drawing every day is excellent for honing
your observation skills. 



And I'm learning about creatures that
I've never heard of before!  The Axolotl
looks like an amazing creature...




Some day I would like to observe whales
in the ocean!




The Dugong reminded me of a Manatee...
I think they are in the same "family."


Drawing and painting in my Hobonichi
Techo in the morning, with my coffee. Linking 
up today with the T Tuesday blog hop over at
Bleubeard and Elizabeth's, for a 
beverage and a chat. Join us!

The Hobonichi Techo is an A6 size, which is 
about 4 inches x 6 inches. A very fine tip
pen for writing and drawing is essential!




I enjoyed a very interesting Netflix show called
"Saving Banksy."  Apparently, collectors and art
dealers have been purchasing the walls on
which his works  are painted. Walls 
that are meant for public viewing, for free.
But put into private collections they are no longer
available to the public. The debate still rages
over whether or not they are art, or vandalism.




Since Banksy maintains strict secrecy of his identity,
he has received no money from the sale of
his works. Invisibility is his Superpower. Well, ok...
some people know who he is. People who work 
with him, and are graffiti artists. 'Saving Banksy'
was fascinating to me, I recommend the show. 


Above, the fish that inspired 'Saving Nemo' 
and 'Finding Dory.' I love Disney animation...




A shark with polka-dots! My white gel pen
was a bit larger tip, and the dots are a bit
bigger than the actual proportion of the 
Whale Shark's markings, but you get the idea.



I was pleased with the way the walrus turned out,
and have you ever heard of the
humuhumunukunukuapua'a? It's the state fish of
Hawaii.  Very beautiful...but I can't pronounce it!

I hope you are having a day filled with sunshine
and creative endeavors. Thanks for stopping by
for T day!  What are you doing today?





17 comments:

  1. Lovely art and illustrations, and I was interested to learn about the saving Banksy campaign. Some people will stop at nothing to satisfy their greed. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your sea creatures Dianne. They are amazing. I am partial to the ocean, living near it, so I love seeing these. Loving my journal too, but your pages are still much more interesting than mine. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting and informative post-loved all your illustrations sounds like a fun drawing project
    Happy T Day
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! You are such a profi illustrator Dianne! AMAZING pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeking into your techno journal is always delightful, Dianne. Your sea creature drawings are awesome. I agree about horseshoe crabs - they look sort of alien. We went whale watching in Hawaii 30 years ago. It was an incredible experience. We saw several whales - leaping, blowing, running shallow. On one point, three dolphins leaped across the bow of our boat while the whale they were running with swam in front and under the bow.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your illustrated journals. I've seen the oxylotl in pet stores and been tempted, but I've never had one. They look like they have real personality, and you capture their spirit. :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dianne how i would love to stay and peruse your wonderful pages... But i'm afraid this is a fly by comment as i'am super super busy.... unpacking the craftroom!!! I hope to get back to regularly scheduled visiting soon.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. your detailed drawings are super impressive Dianne-wow! At first I thought the dugon was a manatee:) Such a treat paging thru your planner. TFS and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very impressive detailed drawings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow, so many fantastic art drawings on your pages. The sea creatures all look amazing.
    Happy T day
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, I am in total awe of your really wonderful journal pages. You draw SO well. I certainly envy you that quality.

    I have been whale watching several times off the CA coast (specifically San Diego). I was lucky they were migrating at the time. It's a genuine sight to see, and Eileen did a good job of describing them. Their "footprint" is unique to each whale as they slap their tail in the water as they dive and leave a very unique mark in the water. It's really hard to photograph, but I've seen it several times.

    I am also concerned about Banksy. I'd never heard of him until Valerie created some Banksy inspired art on her blog one day. I went looking for information and was saddened to read that his art is being purchased and walls torn down for some people's pleasure. It's a sad state of affairs when that happens. I happen to believe his work is art and NOT graffiti or vandalism. Seems those who buy his art are the vandals.

    Thanks for sharing your journal with us and the wonderful art you create, along with all the coffee references for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely drawings of sea creatures! I so enjoyed reading the information about the humpback whale and I think your walrus is wonderful too! I love the inclusion of the Banksey quotes, they are so thought provoking :-). Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your drawing skills always blow me away ♥♥♥ Happy T Day and thanks so much for stopping by my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, your superpower are your skills in sketching - all These sea creatures are fascinating! the walrus, oh my!! one page better than the next.
    i must look at netflix for the banksy film (not sure netflix Germany has it though, they often differ from Country to Country). i love his wall art and how sad People are making Money of "stealing" it from the public. love the quotes you wrote from banksy, too. i often think about this in Museums. but then, even much more frustrating: if millionaires (or billionaires) buy art and put them into a vault, where nobody can see it. not sure what the (dead) artists would think about this... anyway, it´s a strange world.
    t-day is over (sorry, i was out of the house), but i wish you a happy rest of the week:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always such lovely art sketches in your journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post. I have just spent a happy half hour Reading what you have written and looking at all the beautiful drawings of the sea creatures.
    I hadn't realized that your Hobonichi Techo was only the size of a postcard. Of course I look at your pages on a huge computer screen!
    I love Banksy too. He is from Bristol, England, where we used to live. So I have known him and his work for many years now and have seen many of his Works before they got stolen. Several are still in place. He is known for his privacy and his anti-establishment attitude.
    Last year he painted a mural on the Wall of the school round the corner from where we used to live, and wrote a letter to the children. I know that school well. Here is a link should you want to read about it.
    https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/jun/06/banksy-leaves-mural-and-cheeky-note-in-bristol-school-as-thanks-for-tribute
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sketches are wonderful - you planner pages always make me smile! It certainly is a terrible thing to be taking Banksy's wonderful art and selling it -sheer selfishness - they were meant to be seen by as many people as possible not just those with money! A very belated Happy T Day! (Stuff gets in the way!) Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!