Tuesday, March 28, 2017

T is for Techo Journaling



Sharing my coffee in my Hobonichi Techo
with you today...




and how about a scone to go with it?
Perhaps you'd like to forgo the
rain!




Last week you got a peek at the
"tree stump page" before it was finished.
I added some tiny vintage images
and a Spring quote.




I admit that I am fascinated by Frida Kahlo's
image, art and history. I can't seem to capture
her features in correct proportion, but I
will keep trying. I am pleased with the 
colorful background to set off the black
and white ink drawing. Guess I should
have done a pencil sketch first. I just 
jumped in with my pen...




Some cute bunnies...




Monsters and a butterfly on the same page.
Weird. I know. The flowered paper covers
some journaling that is private.
(It works when you don't know how to blur
the image digitally...😏)







The butterfly and freesia were prompts
from The Hobonichi Challenge on Instagram.
The ticket is from a high school musical that we
attended. Brought back memories of when my
kids were in musicals. Hectic, but good times.




Breakfast sketches yet again, as I usually
 journal in the morning. Another unfinished page
with space to fill. Because I pretty much
feel I have to fill it up!! I admire artistic
negative spaces, but have difficulty making
that happen myself. Just not my style I guess.


Linking up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth
for T Day. Click on the link to visit the
blog hop and see what's up.

Oh, just one more thing.
(To quote the old TV detective Columbo)
April is International Fake Journal Month!
I hope you will join me in April at
see who/what my fake character will
draw in April!  Maybe you'd even like
to try IFJM yourself. Visit here.
Happy Spring!


18 comments:

  1. I hafta say once again that I'm a huge fan of your journaling style and art. I usually drink coffee in smaller cups and warm it up regularly, but I got a kick out of your red soup mug for coffee :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hobonichi techo journal is fantastic, I always very much admire your beautiful drawings. Have a great week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another huge fan of your journaling here Dianne.. those bunnies are adorable!! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to peek into your hobonichi techo journal and see what you have created. It's always beautiful and so very, very enjoyable to read. You certainly lead a far more interesting life than I.

    We got rain, too. I was so happy. I'll help you drink a big mug of coffee and eat a scone, too. They look delicious.

    Thanks for sharing your week in your hobonichi techo journal with us for T this Tuesday. I'm always loving your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Spring! Lovely drawings as always, and you'll find a scone with cream and strawberry jam on my blog today too, although it's served with a pot of my favourite Green tea :-) . Your freshias are so beautiful, they are a wonderfully fragrant flower. Footloose sounds so much fun too :-) . Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal is always a delight. I wish I had a scone right now. Your bunnies are so precious!I'm so glad to see you use your own handwriting and lettering. Fonts are fine, but handwriting is so alive. And the portrait without a pencil sketch first? Wow! Just wow!. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always impressed with your art Dianne - I love your Frida !

    Happy T-Day!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing new journal entries Dianne!
    Frida always fascinates me too with her colorful and dramatic life.
    That scone looks irresistible for sure!!!
    Yum
    Happy T Day to ya oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all your entries, but the bunnies really crack me up. they are the cutest!!
    have a great week and happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your journal is always amazing full of fantastic illustrations
    and its a super portrait of Frida.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. such fabulous entries yet again!! Love using a big soup mug filled with -coffee:) Darling bunnies. And I think you did a great job sketching Frida-and in ink no less. have a great week and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your drawings! Frida certainly was a colourful character! I fell down the Instagram hole last year - addictive to start with but my blog will always come first! I prefer my scone with just butter and an occasional look at the jam!! Thank you for your lovely comments! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I really enjoy your art-so much happening on your pages. Hugs Happy T Day
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You inspired me to order one of the H journals Dianne. It arrives today. I'm excited about that-although I can't draw near as well as you, I'm excited to try out daily sketching. I always enjoy my visits by, and I think a big soup mug of tea and a scone would be delicious. Happy belated T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOu amaze me with your drawings ♥♥♥ Freda is one of my favorite artist too and I've done many of her faces never to my satisfaction either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bunnies are making me smile - still. Your journaling and art are just delightful. I enjoy every page.

    Belated happy T-day, Dianne! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wanted to respond and tell you I am really enjoying my Hobonichi daily journaling. I love that A5 size a lot I like how it really does lay flat and wow-for such thin paper it really can take a licking. :) Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Leave me a note and Thanks for visiting!